All students in Years 7-11 are expected to abide by the Academy Dress Policy.
The following are NOT allowed at all in an academy:
- Coats with offensive logos/badges or snowboarding coats with eye windows.
- Denim or leather/leather look or knitted coats/jackets.
- Coloured T-shirts or bras or T-shirts with logos under an Academy shirt (if a T-shirt is worn under a shirt it must be plain).
- Sweatshirts/jumpers which are not Academy uniform.
- Sweatshirts/hoodies/zipped jumpers/cardigans/clothing made of sweatshirt material (with or without hoods), are not considered as coats and may not be worn.
- 'Sports' type jackets/coats.
- Jeans or jeans-type trousers.
- Boots of any kind, sandals, canvas shoes, trainers (except for P.E.), trainer shoes.
- Nail varnish, gel nails, false nails, tattoos, temporary tattoos or make-up (discreet make-up is allowed in Year 11).
- Jewellery (except for wristwatches). Earrings - only one small stud per ear. Please note that 'smart' watches are not permitted in the Academy. Where ears have been pierced – all jewellery must be removed for P.E. activities.
- Nose/eyebrow/tongue or any other form of body piercing.
- Hairstyles which are extreme (NO vivid or two-tone hair colours, NO cuts shorter than a number 1 razor setting, NO patterns cut into hair, NO beaded braids or braids with cotton/material weaves, NO extensions which do not match natural hair colour. For girls, a normal plain hair-slide, clip or "bobble" is acceptable, but the multitude of hair ornaments favoured by some girls is not. No bandanas or scarves are to be worn in the hair.
- Any hairstyles that have a change in hair length must be blended. Hairstyles must be graduated with no 'stepped' patterns or lines.
- Mohican hairstyles are not acceptable. This includes stepped haircuts similar to the different styles of Mohican haircuts.
- Beards or moustaches, or sideburns below the earlobes.
- Large belt buckles or studded/patterned belts (only plain black belts permitted).
EACH ACADEMY CAN ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR THE LOSS OF, OR DAMAGE TO, ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING JEWELLERY. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO CONFISCATED ITEMS.