All students in Years 7-11 are expected to abide by the Academy Dress Policy.
Please select the appropriate link for more information.
The following are NOT allowed at all in the Academy:
- Coats with offensive logos/badges or snowballing coats with eye windows.
- Denim or leather/leather look or knitted coats/jackets.
- Coloured T-shirts or bras or T-shirts with logos under an Academy shirt (if a T-shirt is worn under a shirt it must be plain).
- Sweatshirts/jumpers which are not Academy uniform.
- Sweatshirts/hoodies/zipped jumpers/cardigans/clothing made of sweatshirt material (with or without hoods), are not considered as coats and may not be worn.
- 'Sports' type jackets/coats.
- Hats/scarves/gloves which are not black.
- Jeans or jeans-type trousers.
- Boots of any kind, sandals, canvas shoes, trainers (except for PE), trainer shoes.
- Nail varnish, tattoos or make-up (discreet make-up is allowed in Year 11).
- Jewellery (except for wristwatches and one small stud per ear where ears have been pierced - all jewellery must be removed for PE activities).
- Nose/eyebrow/tongue or any other form of body piercing.
- Hairstyles which are extreme (NO vivid or two-tone hair colours, NO cuts shorter than a number 1 razor setting, NO patterns cut into hair, NO beaded braids or braids with cotton/material weaves, NO extensions which do not match natural hair colour).
- Beards or moustaches, or sideburns below the earlobes.
- Large belt buckles or studded/patterned belts (only plain black belts permitted).
THE ACADEMY CAN ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR THE LOSS OF, OR DAMAGE TO, ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING JEWELLERY. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO CONFISCATED ITEMS.
Please feel able to contact the Academy BEFORE purchasing any items of uniform if you have any doubts about whether it is acceptable as Academy dress.